Reported for version 10
When wishing to use values from one table for filtering a parent table by them in RDM, setting a parameter in a filter provides a solution. To set such parameter, follow the scenario below:
- Open RDM IDE and RDM Logical Model of your project.
- Double-click on a relation between your child table and your parent table.
- Set a filter according to your preferences, for example to
$column_from_child_table$ = column_from_parent_table. Note that child table columns must be marked with dollar signs. It is also possible to use a constant in the expression, e.g.
'constant' = column_from_parent_table. Constants must be wrapped in apostrophes.
- Right-click on the project and click Save and Reload Metadata.
- Right-click on the App Configuration and Generate... the new configuration files.
- Update your configuration files in RDM web application with the zip archive which contains the new configuration which you just created.